86400

Those of you familiar with the standard motivations know that the number that forms this post's title is the number of seconds contained within each 24-hour day. It is, on reflection, worth asking where they all go.

It's been a very long time since I have made any effort with this blog. It didn't even make my list of New Years Resolutions, not that I really had one given that our new year is really quite arbitrary. Truly, what's so special about January 1? Apart from it being Federation Day.

But in more serious tones, it is time I made an effort with this blog. So perhaps I might do a word adventure some time soon. Indeed, I think it is fitting. Certainly, there are quite a few words I'd like to learn about, but that will be for another time.

As it stands at present, however, I am simply reminding eveyrone that I am not dead and that all rumours of my demise have been greatly exaggerated and spread solely to get you to come and read this post (oh wait, I wasn't supposed to say that). In point of fact, I had a very busy November, and have been keeping myself busy since with a few other little projects. I can honestly say that being a teacher seems to suit me, though it remains to be seen how well I'll do on my own in the classroom.

In addition to my practicum, I managed to hit another victory in NaNoWriMo, which makes three for three. I'm quite pleased with myself, even though it left me utterly exhausted, for it proved to myself that I could actually pull off all that work, almost to spite my tendency to procrastination.

December was quiet by comparison, but still busy, as there was the purchasing of the various Christmas presents and concomitant preparations, as well as work on a new Superman costume, entirely made by yours truly. I also gave a Latin Mass at St Benedict's on Broadway a shot, and I just managed to work out how to follow it all. I'm able to see why some people might get alienated by the Extraordinary Form of the Mass, but I found it an interesting experience. I'd certainly like to go again, maybe this time to one of the FSSP Masses offered a little further west.

Christmas and January has been, of course, a lazy time, and while I said I didn't really bother with New Years Resolutions, I am aiming to have read 52 separate books this year. I'm afraid I'm being a bit inconsistent, but alas, such is life. One settles into a routine only with the greatest of difficulty, but reading is the key to all creativity, and I can already count myself as having finished G.K. Chesterton's wonderful biographical sketch of St Thomas Aquinas and Andromeda Spaceways Inflight Magazine #49. Fulton J. Sheen's Life of Christ will soon follow, and I'm sure there's much else to do.

So that's largely what I have been up to of late, but a word adventure is certainly in order. I can think of a few, then. Stay tuned for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment